INC NEWS - Development effects on Jordan Lake Water Quality

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 15:05:21 EDT 2007

Hi all. Please read the attached article from the News
and Observer (Aug 18). If you haven't done so already,
please write the Joint City County Planning
Commission, and request that there be well-defined
restrictions on clear-cutting/mass-grading and
preservation of 'specimen' trees (i.e. large among
other things) in ALL developments -- conservation,
rural, suburban, etc.

Cary already drinks Jordan Lake...and it's our backup
water supply. Developers can do better by us.

JCCPC contact info:
"Catotti, Diane" <Diane.Catotti at durhamnc.gov>;
"Cole-McFadden, Cora"
<Cora.Cole-McFadden at durhamnc.gov>;
<bmheron at durhamcountync.gov>;
 "Woodard, Mike" <Mike.Woodard at durhamnc.gov>;
<ereckhow at aol.com>;
<lcheek at durhamcountync.gov>; <d.moffitt at verizon.net>

Thanks!
Melissa

Full article below:

News & Observer, The (Raleigh, NC)

August 18, 2007

State floats Jordan Lake water quality plan to public