INC NEWS - Centerfest

Ken Gasch Ken at KenGasch.com
Fri Sep 14 12:28:55 EDT 2007

Dear INC member neighborhoods,

During my short tenure with INC, I have been exposed to one of the most
creative, energetic, and thoughtful groups of concerned citizens I have ever
known.  We are lucky that the founders of this group, more than 20 years
ago, had the gumption and the vision to start this vehicle of positive
change.

With my eyes, I see our member neighborhoods increasing their level of
involvement with every passing day.  We have member neighborhoods that are
engaged in initiatives to create better and more affordable housing, reduce
crime, save the Lakewood YMCA, decrease truancy, build better play grounds
and the list goes on and on and on and on.......

We may never fully comprehend the positive impact that our collaboration has
had and will continue to have on our city.

Your executive board met last Wednesday night.  Our president, David Harris,
asked me to chair the meeting.  Among other topics, INC's participation in
Centerfest was discussed.  Weekends are tough for busy folks with busy lives
and I can’t think of one person, involved with the INC, that we could all
push any harder to volunteer more.  We all are doing great things and for
that, I am very happy.  In other words, the stars did not properly align and
your board elected to cancel our booth at this year’s Centerfest.  The vote
was unanimous.

Thank you for all you do.

Proudly signed,

Ken Gasch