INC NEWS - still time to get in on the fun

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Sat Sep 22 22:57:09 EDT 2007

The first round of playoffs took place today in Central Park towards the
finals next Sunday for the Central Park Cup. It's not too late to get in
on the action (but you need to hurry). Two person teams, entry fee of
$15/person with the finals culminating on Sunday at the Meals from the
Market event (and you get to eat as well if you're playing croquet!).

So drop croquet event coordinator Tom Transue (tom-transue at nc.rr.com) an
email or register/pay online:

http://www.durhamcentralpark.org/croquet.html

and get ready to get your croquet on! I'd have to think that you'll need
to get signed up and playing before Thursday in order to qualify for the
trophy final round. Your team could be the first winners of this yearly
Central Park Cup match!

Please pass it along to your neighborhood list servers. You never know
who'll dig out their old mallet and want to get in on the fun!

Just to give you an idea of the excitement, the three teams that played
today on court #1, one stroke (actually the very next stroke) separated
the winners from the #2 place team. It was just that close. We left as the
other three teams on court #2 were still playing. It loked like their
match would finish with flashlights...

RWP
27 Beverly