INC NEWS - Morreene Road development

pat carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:58:44 EDT 2007

My point is that the CN (Neighborhood Commercial) zone is a dangerous zone as it is now specified -- if you can put a nightclub at the Morreene Road site, you can put one in any CN-zoned property, which affects a LOT of neighborhoods (I think some planned-neighborhood clubhouses are zoned CN).

The initial interpretation that there is really no limit on "storage" in a commercial building also means NONE of us has meaningful protection against huge warehouses in our backyards.

I don't know what the right answer on the Morreene Road case is, but I would certainly advocate fixing the flaws in the process, Planning Department and/or UDO that allowed it to happen.

Regards, pat