INC NEWS - Morreene Road development

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 26 19:44:51 EDT 2007

With great respect for Pat, I must agree with Kelly here. When you look at
the UDO, or any planning codes, it's not the mainstream uses you look at, it's
what the extremes might be. That was how I took their use of that statement,
as  Kelly did.

Frank Duke was always candid about the need for tweaking the UDO, perhaps
that would have been easier if Frank had stayed a little longer. But this
problem is a fine example of where the UDO needs tweaking. You can't blame the
neighborhood or the store owner, both are right.

The neighborhood is understandably upset with a large, out of place
building, and the land owners are understandably upset because they can't move  along
building what appears to be within their rights.
Neither side is wrong, the UDO isn't working in this case.

I feel badly for the neighborhood, but since I think they'd have a hard  time
stopping them from doing what they have a right to do, I'd suggest the
neighborhood go to D&L with roses instead of weapons.
Probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be nice if they could work something
out.

The opposite is occurring in Trinity Park, where everyone wants a Bed &
Breakfast to open, but the UDO is standing in the way.

So in one case it prevents what the neighborhood wants, in another it  allows
something the neighborhood despises. None of the parties are at  fault, the
UDO is.

IMHO

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 10/26/2007 11:39:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,