INC NEWS - Manufactured news from Duke PR

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 16:21:42 EDT 2007

Today's Herald-Sun article, "Duke Doing Its Part to
Use Less Water," was prepared, quotes and all, by Duke
News Service -- and simply regurgitated in this
morning's paper.

For whatever reason, Duke's manufactured news article
did not talk about the university watering its
AstroTurf field on East Campus -- while the rest of
Durham is under tight water restrictions from the
drought.

It's interesting that Duke writes newspaper articles
for our local paper -- and then tries to pass it off
as a highlight in its "daily summary of news media
coverage about Duke" (see below).

Forget FEMA's fake press conferences, we have Duke
PR's fake news articles right here in Durham.

hoping for better,
John Schelp

====