INC NEWS - Watering with Gray Water ILLEGAL?

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:59:42 EDT 2007

I can see that regulation that balances wise use of resources and safe use of resources can get complicated.

For example, one of the things we want to do over time is have less sprawl and more opportunities for people to choose denser, transit-friendly "residential units" (to use planner-speak).  You might want to limit what is used there to "un-gray water" -- water collected while waiting for it to get up to the temperature you want for your shower or maybe used to rinse clean hand-washed dishes -- because of the limited amount of dirt to filter anything in the water.

Our front yard slopes into the street so we only use re-claimed rainwater and "un-gray" water there.

We mostly think of laundry water as just being soapy, but some people would be washing cloth diapers.  How do you guarantee that the next owner of a house set up to send water from washer to the yard understands consequences of this set-up?

Etc.

Regards, pat