INC NEWS - Durham County Settles with AREC 3

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Wed Nov 28 01:43:38 EST 2007

Press Release from the Durham County Assistant Managers' office:

The County of Durham has settled its condemnation case against AREC 3 LLC
involving the acquisition of property for the construction of the new
Durham County Courthouse for a total amount of $2,825,000.  That figure
represents the initial deposit of $1,350,000 paid by the county, along
with an additional amount of $1,475,000 offered in a final resolution of
all claims.

Board of County Commissioners Chairman Ellen W. Reckhow stated, “We are
pleased to have reached a settlement with the owner of AREC 3 that we
trust is fair compensation for the property.  We will now move forward
with construction of a new Durham County Justice Center to meet our
growing court needs”.

The new facility will be located between Roxboro and Mangum Streets
adjacent to the current Durham County Detention Center.