INC NEWS - UDO Text Amendment TC07-04

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:52:18 EST 2007

The 2 things these amendments do are:
1) Let developers pay for open space somewhere else instead of reserving it in their development.  Open space may still be required by the approving authority where it determines that the provision of open space would better serve the needs of the future residents of the development than would payment in lieu.

2) Secondary Conservation Areas (the UDO has a list of natural and historical things that are "Primary" or really important and those that are "Secondary" or worth conserving but less important) can be platted into individual residential lots.    I can see that if these bits of property are scattered, it would make sense to include them in individual lots, ASSUMING we have a way to make sure they really get preserved and someone doesn't decide they need to put a bigger house up over the space 20 years from now.  I would also like to see the ability of the approving authority to decide that it makes better sense for common ownership for the Secondary Conservation Areas.

Regards, pat