INC NEWS - INC-list Digest, Vol 36, Issue 2

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 22:28:10 EST 2007

Actually Melissa, Ken's suggestion would indeed effect all of Durham County
to some degree. But unfortunately it will likely remain a theory, rather than
a  new common practice. Those developers generally like to be able to predict
their  return on investment, easier to do without variables like trees getting
in  the way.

So it "might" be more profitable to take those same development dollars,  and
the same construction crew members, apply them to a block of existing
housing stock. Those dollars would buy up a lot of boarded up houses, and fill  the
need of folks moving into Durham. Predictably, that would lessen the need
slightly, due to a larger available housing stock.

Developers understandably look for large tracts of land, it's a shame they
ignore the ones inside the city.

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 12/2/2007 8:46:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,