INC NEWS - Water resource in future, bigger picture, conserving water simply

Kelly Jarrett, DISC kjj1 at duke.edu
Fri Dec 28 20:14:01 EST 2007

Melissa, et al--
I also wonder if they couldn't change code requirements to require
dual-flush toilets (that distinguish between liquid and solid waste and
use less water for the former) in all new single family construction,
tax breaks for installing hot water recirculation systems, to name just
a couple. And could we prohibit landscape watering from wells? And could
we push our legislative delegation for statewide legislation prohibiting
homeowner associations from requiring that lawns be watered or
prohibiting drought tolerant landscaping? And I'm in favor of slowing
growth some until the infrastructure catches up with it AND we have
mechanisms in place to make sure it pays for its own infrastructure.

Kelly J