INC NEWS - Fwd: Jan 26: FREE African American Cultural Celebration at the NC Museum of History

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 20:26:09 EST 2008

This looks like a wonderful FREE event!
My kids LOVE The Two Bells, tandem storytellers
performing at 3:30 this Saturday (NC Mus His).

Not sure if we'll be able to make it (frown), but I
encourage everyone who is free this Saturday to visit
the NC Museum of History for the excellent music,
dancing, storytelling, and other cultural/historical
events!

Cheers,
Melissa Rooney

For More Info, see the following website (or read the
email attached and cut and pasted below):

http://ncmuseumofhistory.org/aacc2008/index.htm

_________________________

Mark your calendars for the Seventh Annual African
American Cultural Celebration at the North Carolina
Museum of History on Saturday, January 26th! A flyer
and press release are attached. The detailed schedule
of events is on our website at ncmuseumofhistory.org.
Spread the word. Hope to see you there!
Emily

What: Seventh Annual African American Cultural
Celebration

When:  Saturday, January 26th, 2007 11:00 a.m.–4:00
p.m.

Where: downtown Raleigh (5 E. Edenton Street)

Directions

The North Carolina Museum of History is located in
downtown Raleigh, between the Capitol and the
Legislative Building at 5 East Edenton Street. The
main entrance faces Bicentennial Plaza and the North
Carolina State Museum of Natural Sciences. Museum
offices may be reached by calling 919-807-7900.

FROM the NORTH or EAST: Take the Capital Boulevard
exit off I-440 north of Raleigh. Follow the Capital
Boulevard (Downtown) designation. Continue south
approximately two miles and turn left onto Jones
Street. Go three blocks. The museum is located on the
right.

FROM the WEST or SOUTH: Off I-40, take the Person
Street exit. Proceed north for two miles. Turn left
onto Edenton Street. Go three blocks. The museum is
located on the right.

How much: The entire event is FREE!
Parking:  It's FREE! You can park in the visitor lot
behind the museum or in any of the state lots or
metered parking on the street. It is all free on the
weekends.  The  NC Museum of Natural Sciences is
hosting their Astronomy Day on the same day, so please
allow plenty of time to get to the museum.

Emily D. Grant, Youth Programs Coordinator

North Carolina Museum of History

5 East Edenton Street

Raleigh, NC  27601

Phone : (919) 807-7979      Email:
emily.grant at ncmail.net       FAX: 919-733-8655

Opinions expressed in this message may not represent
the policy of my agency. Email to and from me, in
connection with the transaction of public business,

is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law
and may be disclosed to third parties.

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs