INC NEWS - Renovators Network

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 22 21:52:09 EST 2008

Preservation Durham's Renovators Network returns

Preservation Durham presents its first workshop of 2008 at 10:00 AM
on Saturday February 23, at the Preservation Durham office at the
corner of Mangum & Parrish Streets. The program will be presented by
Bill Triplett on the topic of Energy Upgrades in the Older
Home.  Bill says that "Energy issues often get neglected in older
homes." He will tell you how to conduct your own home energy audit
using free software. This ties in to air sealing, heat/AC duct
sealing, furnace efficiency, etc. Bill is licensed as a General
Contractor, Home Inspector, Electrical Contractor, and a Plumbing &
Heating Contractor.

Next month, the topic will be Pruning in Your Old Garden, a
Renovators Network Program.  Rebecca Wellborn and Jonathan Nyberg of
Meadowsweet Gardens
<http://www.meadowsweet.biz/>http://www.meadowsweet.biz/   will
demonstrate how to prune & trim your existing shrubs & trees. The
program begins 10:00 AM Saturday morning, March  15, at 708 East
Forest Hills Boulevard in Forest Hills. Jonathan says "This is an
almost perfect garden for a pruning workshop.  There are many common
and uncommon small trees and shrubs that need pruning or can be used
to show pruning principles and techniques. Folks can bring hand
pruners, loppers and saws if they want, but we'll have our tools
people can use also.  The gardener/owner is Tania Dautlick." This is
a repeat visit to this garden, and a great chance to see how it has
grown in the past year.

Renovators Network workshops are free and open to the public.  They
are typically held on the third Saturday of each month but the
location
varies.  <http://www.preservationdurham.org/people/form.htm>Join
<http://www.preservationdurham.org/>Preservation Durham and you'll
always be the first to know about our events! For more information
call 682-3036.

<http://www.preservationdurham.org>www.preserv<http://www.preservationdurham.org>ationdurham.org

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
1204 Broad Street, Durham, NC 27705
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719

[]

Check it out! http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com