INC NEWS - proposal for Neighborhood Advocate highlighted in local blog...

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 12:23:23 EDT 2008

I was also impressed with that suggestion, that the city hire someone
dedicated to dealing with neighborhood issues.

Have also been scratching my head about it since Monday night.

The question I still have no answer for is about the city hiring this
employee. If this idea were ever to come to fruition, and the employee is a city
employee..... would the employee be beholden to the neighborhoods, or to their
employer, the City of Durham?

I suspect the goal would be more achievable if this individual were hired  by
the neighborhoods, perhaps with money made available by the city. How could
such an arrangement be configured?

Again, I don't have the answer, but  this listserv is an appropriate forum
for discussion.

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 3/12/2008 12:03:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,