INC NEWS - Earth Day Stream Cleanup-VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS SATURDAY AM

TortBustr at aol.com TortBustr at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 11:49:12 EDT 2008

Neighbors, I hope you noticed the notice and Cindy Moylan's article in the
most recent FHNA Newsletter regarding Earth Day and a scheduled volunteer work
day to help cleanup the East Fork Creek. The FHNA is coordinating with the City
and in conjunction with its Earth Day activities by helping cleanup trash in
and along East Fork Creek where it flows alongside Lakewood Ave. The specific
area is under the ATT Bridge where it crosses Lakewood Ave. I am sure those of
you who walk or ride the ATT have noticed the excessive amount of trash that
has collected in this portion of the stream. This trash will eventually make
its way to Forest Hills Park and eventually Jordan Lake if not removed now. WE
NEED LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS to make the cleanup work. Please meet at a check-in
station we are setting up on the northside of Lakewood Ave near the ATT bridge
at or around 8:30 AM. Please bring gloves and wear boots. The City is providing
gloves and pickup tools and garbage bags but I suggest you bring your own
gloves. The FHNA is providing refreshments & doughnuts. Again we need your help
so meet at the bridge and lets celebrate Earth Day by helping cleanup one of
our City's creeks.

Joseph B. Chambliss
410 E Forest Hills Boulevard
Durham, NC  27707
Telephone:  919-490-6411
Office: 919 383-8332
Office Fax:   919-433-0417
Cell: 919 414-1808

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site
for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.