INC NEWS - Additional Information about Alcoholic Energy Drinks

pinnaclecdc at aol.com pinnaclecdc at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 22:13:58 EDT 2008

Hello,
Alcohol: Stimulant/Depressant - It is both.
_http://www.ephidrina.org/alcohol/effects.htm_ (http://www.ephidrina.org/alcohol/effects.htm)

Lots of discussion around this topic. Thank you for your emails.  Perhaps
these links will clarify the different products and where they are  found. These
products can pose a potential danger to underage consumers and of  course
consuming alcohol under the age of 21 is against the law.

What we  need to understand as adults is that youth get alcohol from many
sources. They  are creative. The take home message is that we all need to be
aware of where  youth get alcohol and what the packaging looks like in order to
protect them.

This is not a prohibition message for adults who choose to consume  alcohol
responsibly. We are in a new
day of advertising and super-size...  after all 8 ounces of beer in the 70's
has become 12, 20, 40+ ounces per  "serving".

>From the report:_http://www.marinins titute.org/ alcopops/ energy_drink_
report.htm_ (http://www.marininstitute.org/alcopops/energy_drink_report.htm)
Public health and safety officials have become alarmed  by the newest entry
into the world of alcoholic
beverages. Alcoholic energy  drinks are prepackaged beverages that contain
not only alcohol but  also
caffeine and other stimulants.

Red Devil product - This does not  refer to the popular non-alcohol brand
energy drink
_http://www.happylan d-drinks. com/brands. php?brand=  7_ (htt
p://www.happyland-drinks.com/brands.php?brand=7)

Additionally youth are mixing energy drinks and alcohol
_http://www1. wfubmc.edu/ news/NewsArticle .htm?Articleid=  2193_
(http://www1.wfubmc.edu/news/NewsArticle.htm?Articleid=2193)

Thank you again for your  comments.

Wanda