INC NEWS - FW: A Message from the President DCC re water rates

Kelly Jarrett, DISC kjj1 at duke.edu
Sun May 11 14:54:54 EDT 2008

Melissa--

Thanks for your comments. I agree with you. And I would like to see some
them devise some way to address landscape/grounds and other watering
that is inessential to a business. On several occasions while we had
water restrictions in place here, I drove by sprinkler watering the
curbs at places (Home Depot was one), and when I went in to complain, I
was told that they couldn't change the watering b/c it was set by
corporate offices someplace else.

I can understand why they would need water in a garden center, nurseries
& greenhouses, laundromats, etc would need water. But to water the curbs???

Kelly