INC NEWS - Durham residents seek to keep say in growth (News & Observer)

Colin Crossman crc128 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:57:57 EDT 2008

Pat,

NCGS 160A-364(a) discusses this (for cities, 153A-323 for counties):

Before adopting, amending, or repealing any ordinance authorized by this
Article, the city council shall hold a public hearing on it. A notice of
the public hearing shall be given once a week for two successive
calendar weeks in a newspaper having general circulation in the area.
The notice shall be published the first time not less than 10 days nor
more than 25 days before the date fixed for the hearing. In computing
such period, the day of publication is not to be included but the day of
the hearing shall be included.

-Colin