INC NEWS - perhaps this issue is a different one...

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 17:47:53 EDT 2008

Thanks, Bill. Didn't mean to sound nasty or anything.
All gov't officials (BOCC, CC and post-Frank-Duke
planning department) have been very receptive to my
neighbors' and my concerns, which have resulted (in
part) to ordinance amendments. And the JCCPC, planning
department and PC have worked very hard and have been
very thorough in their review of the conservation
subdivision amendments on which the PC will vote at
their next meeting.

Don't want to sound like I'm lynching our elected
officials...I've just had my fair share of complaining
from residents who feel that they should be able to
count on the gov't following the PC's lead, rather
than having to trek downtown to make their concerns
heard. Albeit, southern Durham doesn't have the best
reputation for voicing their concerns (but we're
trying to change that).

Melissa