INC NEWS - guiding principles and an apology

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 15:48:36 EDT 2008

John,

I publicly apologize to you if I've offended you personally.

That was not the intention nor direction that caused this discussion to
disintegrate.

My only hope is that people will learn more about the advantages and
disadvantages of a NA by talking about them openly.  Only then can we make
independent decisions based on those discussions.

Listserves are just one venue.  Seeking other opportunities to lobby for it
in community meetings and/or neighborhood association gatherings would be
another.

Either way, giving people an opportunity to engage and participate in them
even over a period of time is not that much of a thing to ask,  is it?

In the meantime,  don't you think we might find better ways to improve the
process first (like orienting the five new planners you mentioned to be more
"neighborhood sensitive") before injecting another person into an already
complicated system?

mike

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a
question without debating it"   Jeseph Joubert