INC NEWS - Changes To DRB Meetings

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri May 23 01:11:47 EDT 2008

Sent to me from the Planning Department (because I am on their
distribution list) and forwarded here FYI.

RWP
27 Beverly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Good afternoon,

In keeping with our policy of informing you of recent changes in our
procedures, please see the information below.

In order to comply with federal ADA regulations for notice of our
Development Review Board (DRB) meetings, the following changes are
effective immediately:

·        DRB agenda meetings will be moved to Tuesday mornings of DRB week.

·        The agenda will be set at the end of the meeting (by noon) and no
add-ons will be allowed. That means that all comments must be addressed or
reduced to the minimum, and all attachments must be available at the
agenda meeting. Items that look ready for may be pulled later, if
necessary, rather than the other way around. If it won’t be ready with all
attachments Tuesday morning, it will not be put on the agenda.

·        The agenda will be printed before the end of the day on Tuesday
afternoon.

·        The entire agenda package, including attachments, will be sent to
the webmaster late Tuesday afternoon.

·        The entire, scanned agenda package will be e-mailed to the wider
distribution list on Tuesday afternoon. If you receive a copy of this
e-mail, you will receive the DRB agenda package also.

·        If DRB is on a day other than Friday (such as July 3rd), these
days will move back further – to Monday in that case.

We have extended our pilot program for comment review meetings (also known
as re-submittal conferences) and expanded it to include cases in any stage
of review and pre-submittals with multiple departments. (Pre-submittal
meetings with one department at a time may continue to be scheduled at any
time by contacting the individual department.)  This will continue through
the end of June, but may be extended again, depending upon the response.

The application for either a comment review meeting or a
multi-departmental pre-submittal conference, along with all necessary
information, should be made to Teri Danner by noon on the Wednesday before
the meeting. Please see our website for a copy of the applications at
http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/planning/applications.cfm. Then scroll
down to Development Review and look for either Presubmittal Request Form
or Re-submittal Conference Request, as appropriate.

Appointments will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis with
first priority for re-submittals of one half hour each. If there is time
available we will schedule pre-submittals for one hour each, at a maximum,
unless you tell us you only need a half hour.

The next deadlines and meetings will be as follows:

Deadline (noon):  June 4th, June 18th

Meeting (scheduled between 1 and 5 pm):  June 11th, June 25th

Teri Danner, RLA, ASLA, AICP

Development Review Supervisor

Durham City County Planning Dept.

101 City Hall Plaza

Durham, NC 27701

919-560-4137 ext. 246

Please consider the environment before you print this e-mail.