INC NEWS - Proposed Prepared Meal Tax

Sanders, Craigie Craigie.Sanders at klgates.com
Fri Oct 10 19:18:05 EDT 2008

INC received a request to suspend the rules of procedure and vote on a
resolution in support of the proposed Prepared Food Tax at our next
delegate's meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, October 28.

It is important that we act at the October 28 meeting since Durham
voters will vote on the proposed Prepared Food Tax resolution during the
November 4 election. I hope that you and your neighborhood can act on
October 28 to voice your opinion.

The INC Executive Committee voted unanimously at its meeting on October
8 to support the proposed Prepared Food Tax. In light of the Executive
Committee action, I think that it makes sense for the delegate
neighborhoods to discuss the proposed Prepared Food Tax prior to the
October 28 INC meeting. In addition, I am requesting that each delegate
neighborhood come ready to vote to either support or not to support the
proposed Prepared Food Tax at the October 28 INC meeting. Depending on
the desire of the delegates, INC can take action or decide not to take
action, as appropriate.

Attached is an informational flyer created by the City/County committee
working on the proposed Prepared Food Tax referendum. Thanks ...

Craigie D. Sanders
INC President-Elect

 <<2008 Prepared Food Tax Fact Sheet.pdf>>

To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed within.

This electronic message contains information from the law firm of K&L Gates LLP.  The contents may be privileged and confidential and are intended for the use of the intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not an intended addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact me at Craigie.Sanders at klgates.com.