INC NEWS - early voting

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 23:14:09 EDT 2008

You have probably heard lots of stories about one-stop no-excuse early voting.

For locations and times, as well as requirements if you are registering:
www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/elec

I am working at Duke.  So far, there has been minimal (or no) waiting, but we are expecting longer lines by the end of next week.  There is a small amount of parking in front of the chapel if you want to drive to the polling place.

One-stop is absolutely the simplest and fastest way to get your registration updated.
* If you've moved and you wait until November 4th, you might have to vote provisional or go to a second polling place.
* If there is one of those stupid little mistakes (for example, your name is "Allen" not "Allan"), you should get it fixed before someone starts comparing voting records to other public records.

If you are committed to voting on November 4, get 3 neighbors to vote early so lines will be shorted on election day (-:

Thanks, pat