INC NEWS - PC MUST vote on Black Mdw Ridge Zoning on December 9th -- by law

Colin Crossman crc128 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 23:25:23 EDT 2008

Melissa, in this case, I think you may be mistaken.  In standard
practice, the procedure is that the planning commission must make a
decision within 3 cycles.  The law goes on to state that in some
circumstances, the time period can be extended by up to 3 additional
cycles.  If you go no farther in your analysis, you'd determine that,
indeed, the time period will elapse before February, however, if you
look closely, you'd find that the first period would have elapsed on
August 12th, as the cases A0800001 and Z07-47 were initiated on May 13th.

That the cases were marked as new on September 9th, which implies that
they were not deferred using the above mechanism. Indeed, the Mid-Year
report mentions that the cases were "Pulled" not deferred.

It appears that the (new) initial date is now September, the first 3
cycles end in December, and the second set would end in March.  If this
is indeed the case, a deferral to February will therefore not moot the
planning commission.

Of course, I could be wrong. Would any helpful planning department or
planning commission representative, or perhaps an experienced zoning
attorney (Tom?) comment on this?

Thanks,
Colin