[Durham INC] coal ash

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri Jan 9 14:26:14 EST 2009

Great question Pat. But it may be like the question I posed about the
runoff of water from the Republic land fill site in Roxboro (when we were
looking at the Falls Lake watershed and conservation easements). Knowing
Roxboro is "uphill" from us, I figured it had to come into one of our
drinking water supply areas. I still don't have that answer.

Thanks for finding this.

RWP
27 Beverly

> I just saw this list of coal ash ponds in NC (like the big mess in
> Tennessee).  Are any of these where they could affect our water?
>
> NORTH CAROLINA
> Progress Energy Carolinas Inc. - Buncombe County - 106,000 tons
> Progress Energy Carolinas Inc. - Chatham County - 101,300 tons
> Progress Energy Carolinas Inc. - Wayne County - 106,100 tons
> Progress Energy Carolinas Inc. - Person County - 46,300 tons
> Progress Energy Carolinas Inc. - New Hanover County - 166,000 tons
> Progress Energy Carolinas Inc. - Robeson County - 47,000 tons
> Progress Energy Carolinas Inc. - Person County - 212,800 tons
> Duke Energy Corp. - Gaston County - 143,400 tons
> Duke Energy Corp. - Rowan County - 121,900 tons
> Duke Energy Corp. - Cleveland County - 96,900 tons
> Duke Energy Corp. - Rockingham County - 28,500 tons
> Duke Energy Corp. - Catawba County - 33,500 tons
> Duke Energy Corp. - Gaston County - 93,100 tons
> Duke Energy Corp. - Stokes County - 41,400 tons

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic mail (pickle at patriot.net)
immediately.