[Durham INC] last thoughts on the Meals Tax

Reyn Bowman Reyn at Durham-cvb.com
Fri Jan 9 15:05:57 EST 2009

Flaw in your point is in the example you're using.  It assumes public or neighborhood opinions were constant...and that they had the same amount of information upon which to form opinions.

The public opinion shifted based on extrinsic factors.

Maybe there is a better example you can us but from what I've read people share the same sensitivities.

-----Original Message-----
From: inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org [mailto:inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org] On Behalf Of RW Pickle
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 3:00 PM
To: Mike - Hotmail
Cc: inc-list at durhaminc.org
Subject: Re: [Durham INC] last thoughts on the Meals Tax

There is no blame on this end directed toward INC (the entity) or even the
premise. My point is that there is a big disconnect somewhere that needs
to be addressed. If neighborhood voting reflects something entirely
opposite of what comes out of any INC vote, then you have to wonder where
the disconnect is. Or at least one should for INC to continue to be the
credible source of "the pulse" as it was in the past. Maybe I'm the only
one scratching my head...

Length... Some appreciate it and others won't. It's what I had to say that
was important. Sometimes a simple yes or no works... Don't want to read
lengthy stuff? The devil is in the details...

RWP
27 Beverly