[Durham INC] Fw: Durham Open Space Cuts -- DOS is not expendable.

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 15:49:44 EST 2009

The BOCC is going to vote on a 100% cut in Open Space funding. We should not allow this to happen without raising our heads and letting
the BOCC know that citizens do not consider Open Space funds expendable.

For both Open Space and Farmland Funds, the implications are much bigger, because we use
local funds as matching fund
leverage to secure much larger sums from adjacent/affected counties,
and the State & feds (Clean Water funds, for instance).

If you feel so inclined, please write your commissioners with your concerns about this.
commissioners at durhamcountync.gov

I have cut and pasted my correspondence to the BOCC below, should you wish to peruse it. I cannot make the BOCC meeting tonight, but I hope that citizens will come out and show that we really care about our DOS program.

It's item 12 on
tonight's (BOCC) agenda.

Melissa