[Durham INC] Preservation Durham Activities for March

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 7 16:06:39 EST 2009

PRESERVATION DURHAM Activities for March

March 18
LUNCH & LEARN will take a look at East Durham - what it was like in its
heyday, what has happened
in the last 50 years, and what is happening there now. Meet some current
residents, Preservation Durham
staff, and an "old time" East Durham resident.

The program starts at 11:30 at Tosca Ristorante, on Fernway Street in West
Village. For reservations,
call 682-3036, email info at preservationdurham.org, or visit the PD website at
www.preservationdurham.org.
Lunch is $17 for senior members of Preservation Durham, $19 for regular
member, and $25 for non-members.

March 19
WALKING TOURS ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING
Interested in becoming a guide for our outstanding walking tours?  Then come
to the Preservation Durham office,
3001 Academy Road, Suite 130 at 5:30 pm. It is located right behind the
Pilgrim United Church of Christ.
For more information, e-mail our tour leader Andy Edmonds at
asedmonds at nc.rr.com or call the office at 682-3036.

March 21
RENOVATORS NETWORK
"Painting 101"
Location:     118 S. Driver St., East Durham
Time:           9:30 until Noon
Russell's Paint Company will teach you how to paint safely when priming and
painting your historic home.
You will learn the best color choices for rooms of all sizes and how to
create an inviting feeling.
Lorisa Seibel of Durham Affordable Housing Coalition will also be giving a
hands on training class on
how to safely paint, scrape and dispose lead paint.

March 28
"Paint Perk-up"
Using the training methods we learned from Russell's Paint training session,
come help us finish
the painting project at 118 S. Driver St.

And last but not least, and not really last for long, please mark
your calendar for the first weekend in May. We'll hold the Annual Old
Durham Home Tour on Saturday in the Morehead Hill neighborhood. We
have a terrific array of homes for you to view and you will want to
be sure to attend! As always, we will need  dozens of volunteers to
staff the homes and it is a great chance to get in at a bargain
price. Stay tuned - we'll be sending out info about that soon.

You can learn more about us at http://www.preservationdurham.org/

We appreciate your support!

Ellen Dagenhart
President, Board of Directors