[Durham INC] DPS Scott King Road purchase NOT on March 12 agenda...but stay tuned...

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 00:00:15 EDT 2009

Hi again. I have just been informed that the DPS Scott King Road purchase is NOT on the BOCC's March 12 agenda afterall. But we still need you to write your county commissioners with any concerns you may have -- particularly with regard to the possible waste of DPS's limited (and getting smaller) funds. The sooner, the better, as some S. Durham neighbors, particularly in the neighborhoods
nearest the Scott King land parcels, just see *new schools* and not the
excessive cost being paid for the land.

Sorry for the run-around...but we all should know from last week's worksession how hard it is to follow the county agenda these days ;)

Here's the rub:
The
Hamlin Road purchase by the school district was moved forward to the March 12th
meeting. However, the Scott King Road purchase was delayed so the school
district could answer all the questions that were asked of them.

I will let you know when the Scott King case makes its way back to the BOCC agenda (if I can ascertain this info, myself, in enough time).

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again!
Melissa

Melissa Rooney