[Durham INC] Fw: Jordan Lake Boundary -- in the Herald Sun again today (twice)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 12:20:27 EDT 2009

--- On Sat, 3/21/09, Melissa Rooney <mmr121570 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Melissa Rooney <mmr121570 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [durhamenviro] Jordan Lake Boundary -- in the Herald Sun again today (twice)
To: inc-list at rtpnet.org
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 12:17 PM

            Please see the links below and write letters to the editor about the Jordan Lake Boundary issue -- even one or two sentences will do -- we need to let our gov't and our press know how important this issue continues to be:
http://www.newsobse rver.com/ 484/story/ 433256.html

**And don't forget the County Commissioner worksession on this issue (THIS Monday, March 23, 3:30 PM, 200 E. Main, feel free to make a sign): We need to fill the room with concerned citizens.

____________ _____
1) Keep all in mind when making lake decisions (Bob Healy)
  I am writing in response to Jim Wise's article about the Durham County commissioners possibly accepting as an official planning document a re-measurement of the level of Jordan Lake
commissioned and paid for by a developer with a large financial
interest in the outcome ("Lake talks spill over county line," DN March
15). For the complete story ... http://www.thedurha mnews.com/ viewpoints/ story/193693. html
Robert G. Healy is professor emeritus of environmental policy at the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University.
2)    LAKE BOUNDARY MOVES IGNORE PUBLIC AND LAW (Frances Kerr)

For the complete story ... http://www.thedurha mnews.com/ viewpoints/ story/193692. html

--Melissa Rooneymmr121570 at yahoo. com

    __._,_.___

            Messages in this topic           (1)

            Reply           (via web post)

          Start a new topic

                Messages
            |    Files
            |    Photos
            |    Links
            |    Database
            |    Polls
            |    Members
            |    Calendar

      MARKETPLACE

            Are you Einstein smart? Take our Fun Quiz and get your IQ score today at Quizyou.net.

                        From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

        Visit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |

        Unsubscribe