[Durham INC] Fw: Jordan Lake Survey Fund update -- deadline is May 22! Pls give just $5

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 14:49:45 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 5/18/09, Melissa Rooney <mmr121570 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Melissa Rooney <mmr121570 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Jordan Lake Survey Fund update -- deadline is May 22! Pls give just $5
Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 2:47 PM

Hi everyone. We received about 200 more dollars last week, bringing us to about $5200, but I KNOW that more of you care about this issue than have donated $5 (or more if you can afford it).

A surveyor has been lined up and we need to ensure that we have enough money for their work and their testimony....

I've put a lot of time and money into this, myself, so please, if you don't donate for the much needed second opinion survey, do it for me! Again, $5 is NOT TOO LITTLE.

The deadline for donations is May 22 -- that's THIS Friday, folks.

All donations are ANONYMOUS, unless you expressly give permission. And donations of $20 or above are tax deductible (I have already received my letter/receipt for tax purposes).

Don't hold your money/check until you see me. I'll just send it to the Haw River Association anyway. (That said, if
 you want to drop it by my house -- 301 Spring Garden Drive -- before this Friday, I will make one last mailing of payments on May 22).

Send your money right now --

Make checks payable to the Haw River Assembly ('Jordan Lake Fund' in the memo line), and spend the 42 cents to mail your checks to:

Haw River Assembly
Attn: Jordan Lake Survey Fund
PO Box 187

Bynum, NC 27228

You can also use your credit card to pay via my Paypal Account. Go to www.paypal.com, log in and pay to mmr121570 at yahoo.com. I will ensure that all such payments are sent to the Haw River Assembly this Friday, May 22. [Note that donations made this way will not be tax-deductible -- too complicated.]

Please don't delay. And don't worry about there being no match this time around -- the possibility is still there if we can prove enough citizens care to send just $5 a piece this week!

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Melissa Rooney, Ph.D.
301 Spring Garden Drive