[Durham INC] Fw: [Sludge] The safety of our water supply

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 10:31:36 EDT 2009

VERY pertinent and timely 'State of things' on NPR this Wed, June 10 at noon.

You can actually attend it live at Fearrington Village in Hillsborough.
But if you can't make the event, you can certainly tune in on NPR.

The topic is Sludge, it's spraying on our fields, and it's run-off into our waterways.

This is currently happening adjacent to Jordan Lake. With agriculture being a primary pollutant of the Jordan Lake watershed, it would seem that we should not allow the use of sludge until we at least know what's in it!

See below.
Melissa (Rooney)