[Durham INC] my parakeet has been found!!

Bercedis L Peterson peter006 at mc.duke.edu
Sun Jun 21 17:55:22 EDT 2009

It sounds impossible that a parakeet can escape and be found 30 hours
later, 4 miles away from her home.  Here's what happened.

A man, Jim, saw my parakeet walking down the driveway he shares with his
neighbor, Linda.  Jim quickly called Linda to come out and see what was
going on. After some failed attempts to catch Budget (that's my bird),
Budget suddenly flew onto the woman's shoulder and stayed there as Linda
walked into her home. Linda, an amazingly brilliant woman, thought to look
on Craigslist to see if someone had lost a bird, and she saw my posting.
She called me at 8:30 last night, and I was at her house no later than
8:35, I'm sure.  Linda and Jim both refused my reward.

I want thank everyone on the neighborhood listserves who emailed me with
advice and sympathy.  It's fabulous what a community can do with the help
of the internet.  Let's hear it for Craigslist.
Bercedis