[Durham INC] FW: Clarification: Contaminated Dry-Cleaning Sites

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 25 15:13:43 EDT 2009

There is a need for quick reaction, but not to dig up parking lots.

Definitely think we should NOT over react to this.
Rather doubt folks standing at the bus stop next to the Trinity
Park/Northgate Site, are in any danger, any more than the employees of the  Bank were
long ago, and then a Men's clothing store for many years, and  later a
church, all operated on that site without much difficulty.

But we do have a right to know, and we've asked for information, and
answers seem to be forthcoming.

Transparency is the objective, but I don't see too much urgency in the need
 to react to the 12 sites in question, specifically.

What requires our instant attention is a movement underway from the dry
cleaning industry, to shorten the notification time. I'm speaking from a great
 lack of information, don't know what the current "notification period" is,
but  doubt we'll be served well by shortening it.

Just don't think we need to worry about the kids playing near the old
Scott's and Robert's site off Washington, after all, the site that brought this
into focus was a dry cleaning establishment that operated 35 years ago.

The urgency as I see it, is not permitting any changes in this particular
law until we better understand the problem at hand. (and remaining calm
while we  do that)

Just my two cents,

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 6/24/2009 10:44:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,