[Durham INC] On to the HOUSE: 2nd request for PUBLIC HEARING on SB 700

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 18:39:42 EDT 2009

Please see below. Considering that contamination from a dry cleaning business 2 or 3 decades ago is causing concern in the city of Durham right now, it would seem imprudent (to be polite) for state legislators to REDUCE the required notification period for residents...

We should be able to get more than a 'couple dozen' people to write their elected officials on this issue. Discussion of this issue in the legislature thus far has been horribly one-sided. All we're asking for at this stage is a public hearing -- just let
citizens speak and hopefully listen to them...debate is the foundation
of democracy, afterall.

Here's a list of the email addresses of the people you should contact. A simple one or two sentence email will suffice:

ron.sutton at ncleg.netleo.daughtry at ncleg.net, bill.faison at ncleg.net, Ray.warren at ncleg.net, mickey.michaux at ncleg.net

--Melissa Rooney