[Durham INC] Please readdress your recent PC emails and send to the BOCC --

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 14:21:27 EDT 2009

It has been recommended that I write everyone and ask that you please cut and paste your recent communications to the Planning Commission (about the Jordan Lake Watershed Map Changes under consideration) into a new email correspondence, addressing it to the Durham County Board of Commissioners:
commissioners at durhamcountync.gov

It is even more important that you write your county commissioners with your concerns, just as you did to Planning Commissioners before their public hearing on the matter this week.

The County Commissioners' public hearing (very likely the VERY LAST one on the matter) is September 14, at 7 PM, at the County Admin Bldg (downtown Durham). Your presence is very important.I hope that most of you can make it.

Letters to the editor of the Independent Weekly, Herald Sun, and News and Observer on this matter are also very much needed. Even if they aren't published, they let the press know that we find this issue very important and want continued coverage. You can send as little as 3 sentences or as much as 200-300 words. Below are the links by which to do so.

http://heraldsun.southernheadlines.com/tools/letterstoed/letterform.cfm?sendLetter=letters

http://www.newsobserver.com/484/story/433256.html

http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/page?oid=31472#back

Thanks again for staying informed and involved,
Melissa (Rooney)