[Durham INC] Jordan Lake Boundary Dispute: 9:30 AM, 5th flr Grand Jury Rm, County Courthouse (downtown Durham)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 21:28:10 EDT 2009

Sorry for the last minute announcement (but I just got the time myself).

What's at stake:

"Lawyers for the [Durham] county, the [Haw River] assembly and Southern Durham Development Inc. are due in court Thursday to argue about whether the environmental group should be allowed to participate in the [Jordan Lake Boundary Dispute] case."

The judge will ultimately decide this issue.

If you can make the show, the presence of concerned citizens would demonstrate support for the Haw River Assembly intervening.

There is absolutely no rational reason that the county should want to oppose the HRA's intervention, unless they are concerned about actually winning the case.

I hope to be there (touch wood) and would love some company.
This thing has dragged on forever, but I am hopeful that Durham and Triangle citizens have not lost their interest in this case (nor their motivation to put action to their concerns)...

Sincerely,
Melissa (Rooney)