[Durham INC] By law changes at the next meeting

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 11:23:45 EDT 2009

I hope to have more time this afternoon to respond to this more fully, but
since I wasn't pressing for any of the changes, nor do I handle the
website, etc, I have no idea how this glitch occurred. To jump to the conclusion
that INC was trying to pull a fast one, is both unfair and silly.
Criminals are presumed innocent until proven guilty, shouldn't that be
extended to volunteer organizations?

I tend to agree with Kelly &  Tom, that neighborhoods can be tuned into INC
electronically, and perhaps  attendance in person shouldn't be mandated to
include that vote in the tally.  Earlier this year an emergency need for
neighborhood's opinion created a  situation where INC asked all neighborhoods
to discuss via their listservs, and  send their conclusion ASAP. Within two
days we had the unanimous consensus of  like two dozen neighborhoods, and the
issue was thoroughly covered in my  neighborhood in that method.

So on one hand Tom & Kelly contend that attendance isn't required for  INC
to be effective, yet on the other, the "value of INC" can be determined by
how many show up. That's nice, it allows you to salute any vote you agree
with,  and participated in electronically, while you can deem any others
invalid and  worthless just by staying home and watching TV.

Again, this will be looked into, but taking cheap shots at INC isn't
required.

Bill Anderson
INC Board

In a message dated 9/18/2009 8:23:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,