[Durham INC] By law changes at the next meeting

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 13:24:39 EDT 2009

I also agree with Tom, Kelly and others. Speaking as a representative of a Durham County neighborhood (one not in the city), most of the issues that INC has discussed in the past has had no interest for our neighborhood, as they were primarily (if not solely) city issues. So as my involvement and commitments in other areas of citizen activism have increased, my attendance at INC meetings has become sporadic, concentrated mostly on those meetings which directly affect/involve my neighborhood. I should not be penalized for not attending meetings in which my board feels we either 1) should not interfere with a vote that doesn't affect us, or 2) do not have a consensus to vote one way or the other...

Thanks,
Melissa (Rooney)