[Durham INC] [INC-Board] Re: By-law changes (two versions)

Colin Crossman colin at crc32.com
Mon Sep 21 19:02:12 EDT 2009

John:

The current bylaws, and the original text submitted by Tom, allow
high-priced law firms to create straw neighborhoods for $25, then vote at
the SAME MEETING. Legitimate neighborhoods have no way to deal with the
surprise.

Is your argument that the amendment isn't strong enough? If that's the case,
then your opposition to it is doubly odd, since the amendment makes it
harder to do this by removing the element of surprise!

All of the rest of the opposition argue that there should be NO attendance
requirement.

Isn't it better that the "high-priced law firm" have a harder time doing
this?

-Colin