[Durham INC] [bad text]

theocean1 at aol.com theocean1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 16 23:17:28 EST 2009

Frank Duke made a bad call. Almost doesn't matter now if he did it by
accident, or if he realized the ticking time bomb he'd just created and left the
 area before it blew up.

But I disagree that all of Durham County is paying for it now. We won't
even start paying for this error for another 20 years or so. And then  it will
become an ever increasing annual expense.

Wouldn't it be nice if the county would just talk neighborly with SDD, and
SDD did the same.

County:
"Well, looks like were a bit over the barrel here. Our employee  done
screwed up good, then he done left town so we can't even fire him for  it!  You
got you pretty piece of Durham property there, and we is so happy  you is
intendin' to develop it, because we need all the good developing we can  get.
By good, we would mean it fits into community, and doesn't mess up our
fishin' holes.

Now all our citizens are upset with us, and they might even sue us! That
darned mistake would mess up ya'll's developin' and cost ya some of your
profits, so you'd sue us, too!  And it looks like you'd win.
So what would it take to make things right, between neighbors?"

To which SDD might reply:
"Hhhmmmm..... it's always nice to have some  extra cash when you start
moving earth around. Maybe we could we change those  plans to be a little more
eco-friendly. Come to think of it, it would look  prettier if we kept more of
those woods, but it'll also cost us a pretty penny  to do it. How much did
you have in mind?"

In the long run, that discussion is what will put the smallest price tag on
 Frank Duke's blunder.

Bill  Anderson

In a message dated 12/16/2009 8:27:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,