[Durham INC] February Board Meeting

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 20:42:57 EST 2010

I'd like to hear more about the boards/commissions that Mike and others' sit on as well. I think we all could benefit from some hands-on experience like this.

I want to work on a resolution regarding how to handle protest petitions that are deemed invalid before a hearing but valid afterwards (as was the case with the Jordan Lake Watershed public hearing)...not sure that anyone would touch this before the protest petition appeal goes to court though.

And I wondered about forming a committee to review the UDO for areas where the planning director is given to much unilateral decision-making power (or too much flexibility in interpretation) and making a list of suggested revisions in this regard to the JCCPC.

But these two things will have to come at a future meeting, b/c I am just too swamped with other stuff to get this done. That said, I am interested in the board's opinion on these two items -- specifically regarding whether the first is worth my time -- before proceeding.

--Melissa (Rooney)