[Durham INC] pothole and other reporting

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 13:44:48 EST 2010

I have to agree with Randy on this one.

I don't drive around in a City issued car, or carry a city issued cell
phone, but I often do a "little city work" from my own car, on my own cell
phone. Example: Illegally posted signs are still one of my pet peeves.

They often have the violator's phone number on them, so I call it.
Conversation goes something like this; "Hey, I noticed your sign on the corner  of
Main & Broad, how many of those signs did you put out?"
"Oh, about 100, who's asking"
"Just a citizen calling with a friendly  heads up, you see those are
illegal and you'll probably be hearing from our  Planning dept. They can fine you
if you leave them up after they notify you of  the violation"
"Oh, we didn't realize they were a code violation, thanks for letting us
know!"

Often, they call me back a few hours later to let me know they've retrieved
 all their signs, and to thank me again! Then I thank them for keeping our
roadways attractive, and b'gosh, the problem was solved.

Always wonder if our code enforcers ever do the same thing.

Bill  Anderson

In a message dated 2/14/2010 1:31:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,