[Durham INC] Getting Code Red messages

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 13:58:38 EDT 2010

To what Pat has said about Code Red, I would add that there are two methods
 in Durham, and that we may be the first City in the nation that can claim
that.

The reverse phone call ability has been around for about three years, it's
a robo call, and well described below.

The other means is via Email, and is sent from 911 to our neighborhood
listservs. So many of us have our email available constantly, and unlike the
robo call, it's free to Durham. Besides, the message can reach us in our car,
at  work, etc.

That's why the Director of 911 has been gathering and joining neighborhood
listservs recently. To make sure your neighborhood is on the program, send
Jim  Soukup the listserv name (Ex: dukepark at yahoogroups.com  ) to his email
address: _James.Soukup at durhamnc.gov_ (mailto:James.Soukup at durhamnc.gov)

It could be one of the most important things you ever do for your
neighborhood, please send that email today.

Bill  Anderson

In a message dated 4/8/2010 7:26:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,