[Durham INC] [pac2] Is PAC supporting digital billboards?

Barry Ragin bragin at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 23:32:17 EDT 2010

Bill - may i strongly urge you to forward this email to the reporter at
the N&O?

I'd like to also ask to see minutes of the meetings at which the
representatives of the three PACs which voted in favor of the billboard
ordinance revision at this citywide meeting were authorized to do so.

I'm especially interested in seeing this as the spokesperson for the
billboard company was quoted in the article as dismissing the INC as
being "not representative" of Durham opinion, but seems to think this
PAC somehow is.

I'm also cc'ing the Inter-Neighborhood Council on this, as well as
former INC president (and current City Council member) Mike Woodard.
Politicizing Partners Against Crime is a pretty big deal in my book.
Doing so in a fashion that may be less than transparent is even worse.

Barry Ragin