[Durham INC] 751 lawsuit threats and protest petition ruling

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 18:05:53 EDT 2010

I just got a clarification/correction. The ruling today was to be from the state
AG on the DOT land, not the protest petition. Guess they are going to keep us
from knowing the county attorney's ruling on the protest petition (despite the
fact that it is the planning director whose decision the UDO requires) until
just before the BOCC actually votes on the matter, which in this case could be a
while.

At any rate, your emails to the BOCC, county manager and atty Siler are still
needed. I certainly hope Siler's job doesn't depend on him making the 'right'
decision. Regardless of that, I'd think his career depends on him making the
truly legal, democratic and just decision.

See below for email addresses (in my first/previous message).

Melissa