[Durham INC] Falls Lake --

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 14:53:56 EDT 2010

Here's some more on the subject:

_http://reynblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/ideas-from-one-lake-to-another.html_
(http://reynblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/ideas-from-one-lake-to-another.html)

Bill  Anderson
REALTOR

919 282-8209  Cell
919.220.2058  fax

www.SeagrovesRealty.com

In a message dated 8/7/2010 2:39:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
TheOcean1 at aol.com writes:

Hold the phone on this one, Melissa, facts aren't quite in yet.

What I've heard:
Seems the land we kind of donated to provide water so  Raleigh and Cary
could expand, land we could have developed, but is now a  reservoir, it might
sound like that water is now fouled.... but it appears to  be in better shape
than the deeper water the dam created.

We all want to protect our water, and that includes the water we send
Raleigh's way via this reservoir, and the phase one of this proposal might  even
be justified. The second phase requires measures far beyond our  financial
ability, and require us to reduce our lake impact to less than  it would be
if we returned all the acres surrounding the lake back to  forests...and we
still might not be able to reduce our environmental  impact enough to
satisfy the requirements.

If the ludicrous second phase is required, who shall bear the costs?
Durham, who lost developable land (as a favor if I recall) or Raleigh who
benefited, and still does?

I'm not an environmental expert, but have  heard conflicting information.
In our strong desire to protect our aqua  filter, it is certainly possible to
over react. A single drop of oil on your  driveway probably wouldn't
require a billion dollar clean up, but if it did,  who should pay?

Can't even sign this "in my humble opinion" because that opinion is still
forming, and all the information doesn't appear to be in yet. The only part
I'm sure of is the "Who should pay?".... if such a clean up is required. In
my  opinion, the answer is Raleigh.

Here's more on the subject, from a source I respect:

_http://reynblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/solution-to-falls-lake-is-simple-follo
w.html_
(http://reynblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/solution-to-falls-lake-is-simple-follow.html)

Bill  Anderson

In a message dated 8/6/2010 11:26:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,