[Durham INC] quality policing

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 19:20:53 EDT 2010

This comes from a list-serve that I am on -- I suppose most people with interest in the subject already know about the site.Regards, pat
1. RAND Center on Quality Policing [pdf]http://www.rand.org/ise/centers/quality_policing/The RAND Center on Quality Policing (CQP) "provides research and analysis oncontemporary police practice and policy." Their work includes research onthe prevention of racial profiling, improving police-community relations,and reducing community violence. On their homepage, visitors can scroll ondown to their "Featured Project" area which profiles one of their recentworks, such as the police recruitment and retention clearinghouse. On theright-hand side of the homepage, visitors can read current and past issuesof the CQP Newsletter dating back to 2006. The "Recent Publications andActivities" area features timely policy documents, including "EnforcingImmigration Law at the State and Local Levels: A Public Policy Dilemma" and"What Cost-of-Crime Research Can Tell Us About Investing in Police". Also,visitors are encouraged to follow the CQP's activities on Facebook, Twitter,and YouTube. The site is rounded out by information about staff members andcontact details. [KMG]