[Durham INC] NCDOT Update: Downtown Repaving Project

Blalock, Amy Amy.Blalock at durhamnc.gov
Tue Sep 14 09:49:33 EDT 2010

Update from the North Carolina Department of Transportation Regarding
the Downtown Durham Street Repaving Project Currently Underway

We have asked the City of Durham to pass along another update on the
status of the downtown street repaving project, as promised in our
messages sent on August 20th and August 27th.

On September 9th, our contractor began placing the final asphalt riding
surface on Mangum St. and Roxboro St. The repaving of these two streets
is a night-time operation, with the work taking place between 7 p.m. and
6 a.m. We anticipate the repaving work on these two streets to take
about three-to-four more nights, weather permitting. Please be advised
that lane closures will be installed during the hours of 7 p.m. to 6
a.m.

Also, please be aware that repair work, due to a water main leak that
was discovered and repaired the night of September 9th, is currently
underway for Chapel Hill St. between the intersections of Buchanan St.
and Gattis St. The street has been temporarily repaired to allow for
vehicle traffic while the NCDOT investigates the extent of the street
repairs that are needed. We hope to have this section of street fully
repaired soon.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide another update on this project
and for your continued patience as we work to make better roads for
Durham.

Sincerely,

Chad Hinnant

Resident Engineer

North Carolina Department of Transportation

cdhinnant at ncdot.gov (e-mail)

(919) 220-4680 (phone)