[Durham INC] Pride & President

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 07:14:34 EDT 2010

North Carolina Pride Parade

Saturday, 25 September at 1PM

Starts at East Campus entrance, goes up Broad & comes back on Ninth.

One of the 100 things you gotta do before you die is enjoy the Pride parade in Old West Durham.

OWNDA will be represented in a Lexus Sport Coupe, along with Council member Mike Woodard. :)

Join the fun if you can. Parade starts promptly at 1PM. 9,000 people. One parade.

Click here for more info (link includes OWDNA in YouTube clip of last year's parade)... http://www.ncpride.org/pride/index.shtml

****

Tuesday in Old West Durham...

Former President Jimmy Carter will sign his White House Diary

Tues, September 28th, starting at 7:00 p.m., at the Regulator

Admission will be by lettered ticket. We will give out a ticket with each book we sell (or pre-sell). The letter on each ticket will correspond to your place in line. (Letter A's will have their books signed first, then B's, etc). There will be a limit of 10 books per person. We are expecting a large crowd for this event. The lettered tickets will help us keep things organized, and keep your time waiting in line to a minimum.

We are now taking special orders for the book, which goes on sale on September 20th. Folks that order early will get tickets with the lowest letters. When you order the book we will be able to tell you what letter will be on your ticket(s).

You can order White House Diary in the store, on the phone (286-2700) or through our web site, www.regulatorbookshop.com. For web orders please tell us in the comments field (at the bottom of the checkout page) that you want a ticket for the signing. To insure that we can process all the orders that we get, the last day for web site orders will be September 22nd. Orders must be pre-paid to reserve signing tickets!

You will be able to pick up your books and tickets anytime after noon on the 20th. Doing this before the signing will save you some time on the evening of the 28th, but we are not requiring people to do this.

About President Carter's new book

Each day during his presidency, Jimmy Carter made several entries in a private diary, recording his thoughts, impressions, delights and frustrations. He offered unvarnished assessments of cabinet members, congressmen, and foreign leaders; he narrated the progress of secret negotiations such as those that led to the Camp David Accords.

For this new book, President Carter has selected the most illuminating and relevant entries from this diary. For many of the entries, President Carter has added current, candid reflections on the people and events that shaped his presidency, and on the many lessons learned. White House Diary provides us with an astonishingly intimate view of Jimmy Carter's presidency.

None of Jimmy Carter's White House diary has ever been made public-until the publication of this book. This will be a unique chance to own a piece of history, signed by its author.

Some More Details

Letters A-L should plan on getting here between 6:00 and 6:45. Letters M-X should get here between 7:00 and 7:30.

President Carter will only be signing books for folks that are here that day. We cannot hold books to have them signed.

He will be signing only books-not posters, cards, or anything else. He will sign any of his books, not just White House Diary. The Regulator has in stock all of President Carter's books that are currently available. To get copies of White House Diary signed, the books must be bought from us (and each copy will need to have a signing ticket). If you already have copies of President Carter's earlier books at home, you may bring up to two of them along to have them signed as well. Again, there will be a limit of 10 books, total, per person.

Photographs will be allowed (we will set aside an area for folks to take pictures from) but President Carter will not be able to pose for photographs.

Tom Campbell
Regulator Bookshop
720 Ninth Street

http://www.regulatorbookshop.com/